This blog seeks to capture the essence of Persian culture through passages of song lyrics, poetry, jokes,
anecdotes, and random tidbits. Please feel free to leave comments about how any item does or does not
meet the measure of what "Persian" means in your life. Click here for additional description.

Overflow Me With Desire

This man believes he has found his love. "My Love", excerpted below, is his expressoin of that belief:

I picked you out from among hundreds of flowers
In my chest, I threw a celebration of your love.
For the ending point of loneliness,
Yours was the only name I called.
My Love.

Talk and with the purity of the springs
Overflow me with desire.
With your hands form a ring of flowers
And toss it around my neck.

If out of skepticism
I am cool to humans
You caress my hads
For they have been cold for a long time.

From: Farzin's "My Love" (Eshghe man")

No comments: