This blog seeks to capture the essence of Persian culture through passages of song lyrics, poetry, jokes,
anecdotes, and random tidbits. Please feel free to leave comments about how any item does or does not
meet the measure of what "Persian" means in your life. Click here for additional description.

What This Blog is All About

Hello Everyone. Welcome to my new blog.

To begin my introduction of the blog, let me say a few words about you. You have little or no memory of Iran. You don't speak fluent Farsi, if at all. Your parents or grandparents might have once lived there but for the most part, your connection to Persian culture is through its food, music, and some basic Farsi. Or maybe your only connection to Iran and Persian culture is having neighbors who come from that part of the world.

Regardless of your particular background, thank you for visiting this page, and I hope you take something from it.

Now that you have a sense of who my target audience is, I want to describe to you what my vision for the site is. To do that, I think it would be helpful to introduce myself and tell you a bit about my own background. My name is Raymond Iryami. I left Iran on January 4, 1982 at the age of 10 and, now, with about 25 minutes until my 36th birthday, I am a lawyer living in Great Neck, New York. I happen to be Jewish--yes, there exist Jews in Iran--but my religion is largely irrelevant to this blog.

I am creating this blog, because I have long sensed that there is an important aspect of being Persian that is simply not visible today on the streets of Middle Neck Road or Rodeo Drive. I will elaborate more on this point in other postings, but for now, let's just say that I hope will find items on this blog that will surprise you a bit. Stay tuned.

By nature, this blog will have no set format. But I expect to include in the blog items on topics including love, sex, broken hearts, loneliness, and God using English passages from Persian songs, poems, stories, fables, anecdotes, and proverbs. Naturally, your questions and comments are welcomed. I hope this will be the beginning of a meaningful dialogue for both of us.

No comments: