This blog seeks to capture the essence of Persian culture through passages of song lyrics, poetry, jokes,
anecdotes, and random tidbits. Please feel free to leave comments about how any item does or does not
meet the measure of what "Persian" means in your life. Click here for additional description.

When Her Hands Feel Cold in Yours

After sometime away, he is back in town. He had last seen his girl in a tearful goodbye, where he had sought to reassure her that his trip would be short.

Now I have come back
Bringing all of your hopes with me.
Your beautiful hands though
Feel cold in my hands.
The look in your eyes tell me
They're not coming back.

All he asks is for some honest answers, urging her to tell him if she has given her heart to someone else. In his urging for honesty, he invokes moral/religious duty.

Giving your heart to that and the other
Is a sin
You want to fly away from my roof,
Just tell me.

From "Traveller" (Mosafer) by various artists including Shahram Shabpareh and Afshin Moghadam.

No comments: