This blog seeks to capture the essence of Persian culture through passages of song lyrics, poetry, jokes,
anecdotes, and random tidbits. Please feel free to leave comments about how any item does or does not
meet the measure of what "Persian" means in your life. Click here for additional description.

I Love Her---But She Has No Clue

This song tells the story about a man who loves a woman but she does not know about it. He wants to tell her. He tries to tell her. But, as outlined below, something always happens to prevent it.

I look at her, hoping she would read it in my eyes.
She does not.
I wrote'I love you" on the leaf of a flower.
She sticks the flower in the hair of a child to get the child to smile.
I plead with the Breeze to take my message to my beloved.
Thunder intercedes and blocks my beloved from view.

From: Moein's "Yeki Ra Doost Midaram" (There is Someone That I Love")

No comments: